Monday, September 14, 2015

Faith-What Is It?



It Is Written, James 2:17, faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Some people get a little confused when they hear this statement. They will come up with something like, "I thought works didn't count, only what Jesus did".
If you are talking about grace and salvation, you would be right. We are saved by grace and not by works. While faith and belief in Jesus and what He did for us, is required, faith goes further.
Let me explain it this way. Suppose you wanted to be a professional golfer. You could read every book about golf by all of the experts.  Watch every DVD.  You would know everything the pros know.  There is a catch however.  If you don't go out and work at it,  you will never be good at it. As with anything, the key is practice, practice, practice.
Faith is the same way.  Just knowing about it and being a spectator will not do much good.  Jesus Himself, the Master of all, didn't just talk about how we should be, He showed us every day of His ministry.
There is only way for our faith to work and to grow, we must do what Jesus did, not just once in a while, but as a part of our life and part of who we are. Love is just a word until we do it.  So is everything else He taught us. It's all in His instruction book, the Bible.  See for yourself, it is well worth it. Have a blessed day.
 Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment