Monday, September 7, 2015

Enjoy Today



It Is Written,  Matthew 6:34, therefore do not worry about tomorrow,  for tomorrow will worry about its own things,  sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Jesus preached this in the Sermon on the Mount as described in Matthew 6 and 7.  He was talking about how our Heavenly Father takes care of us, and how we should trust in Him.
Most of us do worry about tomorrow.  We make investments to take care of us in the future.  We count on our money to be there when we need it. However, God wants us to count on Him.  Sound crazy?  Consider this. Look at the history of the stock market, especially the last 15 years.  To me, that roller coaster is scary, and certainly does not lend itself to peaceful sleep.
Real estate was an investment for the future.  People bought a house so that they could eventually have a better retirement.  Has your house lost half of its value in the last few years?  I guess real estate isn't the answer.
One other thing about enjoying today.  The average person is always living in the future.  Plans for one year, five years, 10 years.  They plan the perfect life.  As time goes on, they keep planning, even though they have missed deadlines that they had set in the past.
The sad part of the story is,  that while we're so concerned about tomorrow, we miss the joys of today.  Someday we will be old and realize our life has passed us by.
We have a choice.  We can trust God in everything,  and live our lives as He had planned for us, or we can do it ourselves and be on a runaway train to nowhere.  If you trust in Him, believe me, He will guide you.
I tried it my way for years.  I didn't want to give up control.  I didn't realize I never did have control.  When I decided I had enough, and I was going to trust God completely,  I knew that was the only smart decision I made. You know what my friends, it works.  I believe God doesn't mind if you try it in small steps, so what have you got to lose.  Have a blessed day.
Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment