Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Mandate From Jesus


It Is Written, John 20:21,  so Jesus said to His disciples, "as the Father has sent Me, I also send you".
In John 20:13-17, Jesus asked Peter three times if he (Peter) loved Him. After Peter said he did, each time Jesus said feed My lambs, or take care of My sheep, and the last time feed My sheep.
If you meditate on these verses, it is a reasonable conclusion that Jesus wanted the apostles and all future believers to carry on what He started and continue to do what He did.  Jesus came right out and said it in the great commission, Mark 16:15-18.
There are some who teach that these instructions died with the apostles, and do not apply to today.
There are a great number of us who believe that if that is true, Jesus died for nothing.  What would be the point of salvation, or anything else, if what Jesus said was not true.  What would be the point of anyone following Jesus instructions from the beginning?
My friends, the Word of God, the Bible, spells it all out clearly.  We who are believers have eyes to see and ears to hear.  What Jesus told His disciples, applies to His disciples today.  There are many lost and scattered sheep among the wolves.  We are to gather and protect those sheep, because Jesus said so.  In Jesus name and in the power of the Holy Spirit we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.
If you ever wonder why you are here, look around and see where you fit in.  Read the Word,  believe it,  and follow it.  You may even find out that you are one of those who was sent here to gather those sheep.  Have a blessed day.
Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment