Thursday, September 10, 2015

Serving God


It Is Written, 1 John 4:16,  and we have known and believe the love that God has for us.   God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
For a long time, I thought that serving God was the greatest calling a person could have.  When you read about big-time preachers, evangelists, and so on.  They usually say they were called by God and anointed for what they do.
Then the next best job working for God in my mind, was to be a pastor.  The questions that come up then are, do you feel it in your heart?  Can you go to a Bible school?  The answer for most of us is no.
I made a giant discovery not that many years ago.  Every army has "grunts".  The common, ordinary, people who get the job done in the trenches.  The Army of God is no exception.
I am one of those grunts,  and if you think about it, you probably are too. Every time we do something kind, whether encouraging someone, a smile, a prayer, giving of our resources, we are showing God's love, and praising Him at the same time.
God needs all of us to do the job He has for us,  being out in broken world and showing His love.  Since Jesus is not living here in person yet, we are His, heart, hands, and feet.  All of us are important to God, and following His plan for our lives should bring joy in your heart because you serve our Lord. Have a blessed day.
Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment