Sunday, September 13, 2015

You Can Do It!


It Is Written, 1 Corinthians 2:5,  that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men,  but in the power of God.
When I was quite a bit younger, I read a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking".  It was a bestseller, because it promised most people hope.  It talked about how anything could be accomplished through the power of the mind, by thinking in a positive way.
When I look back at that book, I see many positive things that it said.  But as with anything done by man,  it had some flawed thinking.  These flaws were missed by the vast majority of people.  It did however help some people to a certain extent.
The biggest flaw was that it placed faith in yourself alone as the driving force behind your success.  As with any self-help program, self drives it. Humans are not equipped to deal with or know all of the variables, so success is limited, and the effort frustrating for most people.
There is a self-help program out there, and it is free.  It is called the Bible.  It spells out success in life and beyond.  This success is driven by the Most High God, who sees all and knows all.
When you call on God and have faith in Him, He will guide you.  The words you speak in faith will do just what positive thinking could not.  God's way is for sure, and perfect for His children.
 Let go of your cares, and give them to God in faith.  He can do what we can't, in order to make things happen.  We are counting on God to do it and not ourselves and any effort we would put into it.  Do yourself a favor, and study His self-help book.  Proverbs and Ecclesiastes would be a very good place to start.   Have a blessed day.
Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment