Monday, August 31, 2015

Something to Think About


This It Is Written,   Ezekiel 36:27,  I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes,  and you will keep My judgments and do them.
Thomas Paine was an author and political activist during the American Revolution.  His books and other writings were very popular, and he was quoted often.  One of my favorites is  "the harder the struggle, the greater the triumph" and, "what we receive cheaply, we value lightly".
This bit of wisdom applies to the majority of believers.  Take the first part for instance.  We go through life battling satan.  He tries to put all sorts of thoughts in our heads.  Negative thoughts about God, and negative, condemning thoughts about ourselves.  We are bombarded by things of the world.  Even family and friends are used against us.
Jesus died a horrible death to make salvation available to us.  We were forgiven of our sins,  we were healed of all our physical and spiritual  infirmities.  He took the punishment for all of our sins.  All we had to do was except Him and what He did in our hearts,  recognize Him as our Savior, and ask forgiveness.  Pretty cheap price for us, but an unimaginably high price for Jesus.  Jesus did triumph over satan and death for us.
To make a long story short, Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit to help us win the battle for eternity with Him.  He gave us the word to guide us, and to give us an idea of what Jesus did for us,  so we don't take lightly all of the blessings and sacrifices Jesus made.
We would do well to thank God every day, and realize what Jesus gave us, because it is the only priceless thing that ever was.  Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment