Sunday, August 30, 2015

How to Love Your Neighbor


It Is Written, 1 Timothy 1:5, now the purpose of Jesus commandment (Romans 13:8-10) is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith.
It Is Written, 1 John 3:18, my little children,  let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
When you hear about loving your fellow man, most people feel that it is too hard to do. The reasons most people feel that way is, they associate love with romantic love, or love for their children.
The Hebrew and Greek biblical definitions for love include, compassion, pity, benevolence, kindness.  These definitions are more than likely what the early church understood about loving others.
Most of us don't realize how many times in a day, or week, we show this type of love to others.  If we use these definitions for love, and pay attention to the people we deal with, we'll see how much love is shown to us.
Be kind, thoughtful, helpful, compassionate, giving, in your everyday life, and you will be much happier.  A happier person attracts love.  When Jesus said we are to love our enemies, I think He was expecting His listeners to show this kind of love to even those we don't especially care for.
 When it comes to loving your neighbor, it was commanded by Jesus, and He expects us to show that love to everyone we meet.  I'm sure He realizes we may fall off the track, and He forgives us, but we must get right back to loving as we are told.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment