Monday, August 3, 2015

Check It out




It Is Written, acts 17:10-11, then the brethren  immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea.  When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews.  These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica in that they received the Word with all the readiness and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.
The people from the town of Berea wanted proof for the teaching they were receiving.  They didn't just take someone's word as the truth.
A number of preachers on TV have come right out and challenged their listeners to check out what they heard in the Bible.  They said don't take anybody's word for it not even theirs.  The Bible is the final word.
We are responsible for ourselves.  We have to know if something is true or not.  We cannot use the excuse that "I didn't know" or "no one told me", or "they didn't tell me the whole story".
You cannot learn the Bible from movies and TV.  Even people that  profess to be Christian, usually adjust to attract an audience.  Secular shows are in most in cases  quite a bit different than the Bible,  and for the most part not to be believed.
Friends can also lead you astray.  Many people repeat what someone else said.  You could have dozens of people passing on something that they claim is in the Bible.  Most of the time, not one of them actually read the Bible.
When our time comes, God wants to know what we learned from His Word, not what someone told us.  The Bible says, My people perish for lack of knowledge.  You can't be deceived if you know the truth.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment