Monday, August 24, 2015

God Is a Spirit


It Is Written,  John 4:24,  God is a spirit,  and those who worship Him,  must worship in spirit and truth.
What does that mean?  Is it hard to do?  These questions have been asked for years.  The answer is not complicated.
If you read God's Word, you have no doubt figured out that God frowns on insincere sacrifices and prayer.  Cain's sacrifice was an example of an insincere offering.  Jesus talks about the rambling prayers of heathens.
In order for God to hear your prayers, they must come from your spirit.  It stands to reason that flesh talks to the flesh,  and spirit to spirit.
Okay, but how do you do that?  When you speak from your spirit (heart) you must speak with no hindrances such as unforgiveness,  lack of love for others, and so on.  With a clean heart, speak the truth in love for God.  God must be in your heart, not your cares and plans and whatever.  It is best to have total concentration in the conversation you are having with God.
Recently I read a book written by an old-time preacher that said he believes satan is not compelled to listen to us if we try to cast him out,  without being united in spirit with God.  I guess he doesn't listen to words that are just talk either.
So what it all boils down to, is that when you pray to God,  if you do it with all your heart, you are talking to him through your spirit.  Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, by your death and resurrection you brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment