Thursday, August 27, 2015

Hope Is a Positive Thing


It Is Written, Titus 1:2,  in hope of eternal life which God,  who cannot lie, promised before time began.
If the average person read this verse, it would probably not seem very comforting.  Hope as the dictionary and the world define it,  means maybe something will happen.  The dictionary of Bible words however describes hope as waiting to happen,  trusting, and expecting to happen.  This is a very different picture from what we have been brought up with.
In everyday life we are accustomed to instant everything.  When that is the case, waiting becomes difficult.  Another biblical definition of hope is being patient.  Patients by the way, builds faith.
As we know by now, God does not play by our rules, we must play by His. In order to take full advantage of all His promises, we must know what the rules are.
Everything in life comes with instructions for success.  We all know how that goes.  God's instruction book is the Bible.  He spells out everything for total success.  Since He cannot lie, and He loves us, it is worth the effort it takes to learn His rules.  When you do, you realize that hope is in fact God's guarantee.
So my friends, is easy to see that if you view hope the way God does, your prayers become positive, and will yield what you pray for.  Faith and hope, are twins as far as I can tell.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment