Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Convicted Verses Condemned


It Is Written, Luke 6:36,  therefore be merciful just as your Father also is merciful.
Many people are under the impression that convicted is the same as condemned.  In the dictionary of Bible words, convict means to admonish, and condemn means to punish.
When the Holy Spirit convicts you of a sin,  He is doing you a big favor.  He is pointing out something you should repent for.  If not for the Holy Spirit doing that,  we would probably live in sin.
The 10 Commandments did the same thing.  Until the Commandments came along, each man lived as his heart dictated.  As we all know, the heart can get pretty ugly.  Now they were given a set of laws to judge their behavior.
When Jesus died on the cross, he forgave everyone, and freed them from condemnation.  Even though Jesus took away the punishment we all deserve, many people would not accept what Jesus did, and refused to repent, or accept Jesus as their Savior.  They in effect condemned themselves.
If the Holy Spirit brings up a sin, He is helping you to get right with God.  He is not condemning you, so don't condemn yourself.  Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment