Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dreams Can Hurt


It Is Written, Proverbs 5:21,  for the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord,  and He ponders all his paths.
In ancient times, people believed strongly in dreams and visions. They guided their lives by dreams.  The Bible is full of stories about famous people and how dreams and visions influenced history in many cases.
Today most of us scoff at the dreams we have when we sleep.  Dreams have a tendency to be nonsense.  Bits of this and that, that make you ask, what was that all about?
Since almost no one pays any attention to dreams that make no sense, man found something to take their place.  We make plans to make things happen that make us happy.  They are in fact called dreams.  These dreams we tried to follow sometimes even obsessing about them.  As a matter of fact we can get so wrapped up in our dreams, that they end up destroying our families and our lives.  The reason is, we don't  know what is best for us, and many times we head off in the wrong direction.
Rejoice!  There is an answer.  Let your life be guided by God.  Ask Him for His plan for your life.   He sees it all, we don't.  He has given us the Holy Spirit to guide us in that plan.  How many times have you felt like something inside of you told you to do something?  Well my friends, that was the Holy Spirit trying to guide you on the right path.  I have found out the hard way in my life, that when I make plans, they end up being disastrous.  When I didn't listen to that little voice, again disastrous.
Sometimes it is hard for us, to forget our plans and dreams, and to count on God.  The only thing I can tell you from personal experience, is that every time I counted on God instead of myself, I was blessed beyond anything I expected.  At this point in my life, I can honestly tell you, for me it is a no-brainer to trust God.
We all have a free will, so trusting God is a choice.   Once you tell God that you want to follow His plan, there is nothing stopping you from going back to your plan. Although I think it would be unwise to do so. That option is yours.  If you follow God's plan, and give it an honest chance, I think you will stick with it.  Have a blessed day. Praise Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment