Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Use Your Gift


It Is Written, 1 Corinthians 12:4-11,  there are diversities of gifts,  but the same Spirit.  There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.  And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same spirit, to another gifts of healing by the same Spirit to another working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
Many of us read these verses and think they don't apply to us.  We even feel that we don't measure up, and question the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
One of the biggest reasons people feel that way, is they don't study those verses. The key to understanding is in verse 11, but one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He will's.  AS HE WILLS!
Being human, we look at the gifts and pick out the ones we like.  Then we expect them to manifest, and we are disappointed when they don't.  We then think that maybe we aren't baptized in the Spirit.
I say these things to help you, because I have been there.  For a long time I was stewing over a certain gift.  Occasionally it would manifest, then nothing.
While I was going through all of this, a different gift was given to me that turned out to be very successful.  However I didn't appreciate it, or even recognize it, because I still wanted it my way.  These gifts are given by the Holy Spirit to fulfill God's plan, not ours.
When  this finally stuck in my head, I asked God to forgive me.  He did, and I have joy in my heart, because by faith, I know I am doing what God wants me to do.
Hopefully, by telling you what I went through, you will be helped in your journey. Remember, God's plan works in steps.  We go one step at a time as we are led.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment