Thursday, July 11, 2013

Unanswered Prayers

Greetings. My Friends;
Proverbs 21:13 "Whoever shuts his ears to the poor  will also cry himself and not be heard."
Psalms 66:18 "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear."
James 4:3 "You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasure's"
In previous messages. I mentioned that one of the conditions for answered prayer is a pure heart. As you can see from the quotes, the Lord makes it pretty plain. He flat out says that under certain conditions, He will not hear, so He will not answer.
Compassion for the needy is something that is required. You are blessed, so the Lord expects you to share what he has given you. Give out of a loving heart and not grudgingly, and you will be heard. Doubt is another big problem. The Lord considers doubt or unbelief as a sin, and will not honor the prayers of someone who does not trust him.
Many times we ask for something that may harm us, someone else, or it does not line up with His Word. Winning the lottery, fancy cars, etc. can lead you on the road to destruction. He will not give you anything that He knows will take you from Him. He does not answer prayers for frivolous things.
When you pray for something totally against his word, he does not hear. Believe it or not, some people have prayed for someone else's spouse, that harm or misfortune would come to someone they disliked, and all sorts of equally destructive things.
One last verse. Isaiah 59:2 "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden his face from you. So that he will not hear".
God bless you and remember,
 Jesus loves you.
Prayer of salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment