Monday, July 8, 2013

In His Likeness

Greetings. My Friends;
Dear readers. I once again remind you  that I am just like most of you. I have learned some things the hard way and some by what I consider to be inspiration. Everything I write, I feel was inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Several years ago. I happened to think about a phrase we have all heard hundreds of times. We are created in God's image. It is biblical and mentioned in the story of creation. For some reason I thought about it that day to figure out just what it meant. We humans are all different, shapes, sizes, colors, and features. Did that mean that the creator is a composite of all of us? I think not.
The thought came to me that God is a spirit., therefore, if he created us in his image, we must be spirits too. It made a lot of sense to me. If you realize that so much of what we are taught, and what is in the Bible only makes sense if we are indeed spirits.
Why  we accept Jesus as our Savior, we become children of God. Jesus told his disciples that they would do greater works, then the ones he did. It makes sense to me. Ephesians 2:8, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God." Put faith and your spirit to work and believe, and  all things are possible.
You are made up of spirit, soul, and body. A lot of people have a hard time accepting the fact that they are a spirit. You are a spirit, whether you are saved or not. They expect to feel something, and they reject the idea, when they don't.
When you are saved, you and God are one in spirit. He occasionally whispers quietly to your heart, or the Holy Spirit does. Listen and you will hear. Your spirit is perfect in the sight of God. That never goes away.
Andrew Womack has a CD series entitled spirit, soul, and body . You can download this series free, from his website. AWMI.com More on this subject at a future time.
God bless you, and remember,
 Jesus loves you.
Prayer of salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment