Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Guilt

Greetings. My Friends;
Today we will look at something that is a problem for a lot of people. That problem is guilt.
Unless someone is born with no conscience, they will experience very little, if any feeling of guilt. For most of us, a lot of the time we feel guilty about something we said or did. Some people have such an over active sense of guilt, that they worry about practically everything they say or do.
For Christians, the problem can be even worse. Besides the standard reasons for guilt, they sometimes have many more than the average person. You see, Satan tries to work on Christians most of the time. Christians usually have a more acute sense of right and wrong, so Satan has more to work with. I think he targets Christians, because he sees them as a bigger prize.
Many Christians worry If they are praying enough. They compare themselves to others and feel guilty if they don't pray as much. Another big one is time spent reading the Bible. Have they helped a neighbor, are they witnessing about Jesus to others. As you can see guilt comes in many forms, but the wonderful thing about being a Christian is it really doesn't affect you, unless you let it.
You must remember this. You create your own guilt. God looks at your spirit, and does not lay guilt on you. If you truly love God and are saved, you will do what is right. Reading the word and send Satan back where you belong.
God bless you and remember,
 Jesus loves you.
Prayer of salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment