Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Choose Wisely

Greetings; My Friends;
My wife and I were having coffee this morning, and feeling blessed. Along came a neighbor who also happens to be a long time friend. The conversation from her side was very negative. She has a habit of complaining about just about anything you can name. She came from another country 16 years ago and brought with her an unbelievable number of superstitions.
This woman is a very nice and caring neighbor. Over the years we have tried to inject something positive into every conversation, and it had little or no effect. On a few occasions when she was complaining about something we tried to bring God into the conversation. She quickly changed the subject. She did not want to hear His name. What she cannot accept is the very thing that can change her life and attitude.
After she went home, my wife and I started to discuss people we know. Don't worry, it wasn't juicy gossip. While our neighbor is probably one of the worst, she certainly isn't the only one. As we started to go down the list of friends and acquaintances, we began to realize how many people fit the description of our neighbor, to varying degrees. A lot of people have a life that they are unhappy with, and stay unhappy. They will tell you something that is completely negative. If you tell them that negativity brings more negative, they will invariably deny that they are negative.
Next, we come to a few other people that aren't obviously unhappy, but they are. If they tell you they are worried about something, and you tell them God is the answer, the standard reply is, I know. They may know and think they believe, but they let fear or doubt mess up the answer God wants to give them.
We passed out CDs on appropriate subjects, books we think would be a help, even study Bibles. We have asked these people how they liked the material, and what their thoughts about it were. Most of the time, even 6 months later, the answer was "I don't have time."
The one thing most of these people don't understand is what we have been trying to tell them. They choose how they feel mentally, physically, emotionally. They do not understand the concept of the power of the words that they use. When their spirit or subconscious hears the words they speak, that spirit immediately begins to bring into existence what they have spoken.
The solution my wife and I came up with to help these people is quite simple. We just put all of their names on our prayer list. We mention them by name, and trust in the Lord to bring in the harvest from the seeds we plant. The only sure thing is our Lord Jesus Christ. Choose to believe.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment