Thursday, July 25, 2013

Grace

Greetings, My Friends;
We have all heard about God's grace to us. It sounds like something good, but what is it really.  According to the Hebrew word cheu one of the meanings is kindness. The word chinnah means favor. The Greek word Charis means, a divine influence on the heart.
There are a number of Hebrew and Greek words for favor. They can be summed up by kindness, delight, and benefit given. I don't know about anyone else, but now I have a better understanding of the verses I read on grace and favor. To me it really shows God's love to me when I understand what he is giving me.
Proverbs 3:34. "Surely he scores the scornful, but gives grace to the humble."
Ephesians 2:8, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God."
Ephesians 1:7, "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace."
Titus 3:7, "That having been justified by His grace, we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."
If you start reading any Scripture, and you run across the word grace for favor, reread the verses, keeping in mind what the words grace and favor really mean. To me, when I do that, it makes the verses much more powerful. It can also explain some verses. This, if someone says, for instance," I found a job by the grace of God" you know he is referring to the kindness of God.
I felt moved to write this brief message because I was sure there are people who do not completely understand grace or favor. At one time I was the same way, but now by the grace of God, I have a much better understanding.
God bless you and remember,
 Jesus loves.
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment