Sunday, July 28, 2013

Healing

Greetings. My Friends;
The subject today, is one that has drawn countless skeptics. It seems only true believers acknowledge it, but a small percentage actually experience it. I have heard comments about healing in particular, and miracles in general. People get all upset and talk about there being a catch to everything God does. He does have a few conditions, usually but not always. You have to ask for healing, you must believe  for what you ask, and then you have to receive the healing in your heart. I guess according to some people that is totally unreasonable.
I could tell you of at least a dozen miracles of healing that I know of personally, but that would take too long. Instead, I will tell you of two that happened to me. There were a few others, but I will stick to the two. After surgery. 10 years ago, I developed type II diabetes. The doctor suggested all of the regular solutions. Lose weight, exercise, and so on. Finally it got to the point where I had to start taking insulin. The dosage got up to 45 units of insulin once a day. Diabetes was under control.
A couple of years ago, I finally woke up and spoke to the diabetes and claimed healing in Jesus name. I took a step of faith and lowered my insulin by 5 units for a week. I was checking my glucose readings every day, and the numbers stayed the same. I started lowering my insulin 5 units once a week. I reasoned that if I increased in steps, the reverse was reasonable. Finally, I was down to no insulin. I checked 3 times a day expecting good numbers. They were right on target. They have what they call and A1C test. It measures your average glucose for the past 3 months. They had just lowered the range from 7to6. Under 6 is normal. The 1st test with no insulin was 5.5. The 2nd test was 5.6. I have had about 6 of these tests in the last one and half years, and my highest number was 5.8. Sure looks like I was healed to me.
One more quick story. I accidentally ripped out a big part of the nail on a big toe. It was ripped the long way. Plenty of blood. So I just wrapped it and prayed about it. The next day it looked bad. I repeated my belief in my healing. The next day my toe was swollen and infected. At this point, I told my wife, maybe I should go to the doctor. Immediately the thought came to my heart, do you believe or not? I rebuked the infection in Jesus name and claimed my healing. The next day, the infection was gone, and a few days later, the toe was normal. It did however take a few weeks for the mail to grow back.
I am not telling you to do what I did. I know a couple of people who ask the Lord to help the doctor heal them. There is nothing wrong with that. I did what I did because I have a habit of putting the Lord out on a limb. He has never fallen off.
Isaiah 53:5 "He was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities, upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed."
Matthew 12:15 "Jesus aware of this, withdrew from there, and many followed Him , and He healed them all."
Jesus always said yes!
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.

Prayer of salvation;
"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment