Monday, July 22, 2013

Hope

Greetings, My Friends;
Hope comes from a number of Hebrew and Greek words. It means to trust, to expect with confidence.
Psalm 33:18 "Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his mercy."
Psalm 146:5 "Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God."
Faith also means trust, confidence and hope.
When you consider that hope and faith are so similar, it gives you a very good picture of what prayer is and how it works.   Faith and hope are a gift to us by the grace of God. When we are children of God, we hope in him for eternal life, to answer our prayers, to keep us from being overcome by the evil one.
When we pray, we are trusting in Jesus faith and the power of the Holy Spirit to answer our prayers. We place our trust in the Lord, because one of the conditions of answered prayer is to believe we have what we pray for. If you look at your prayer in your mind,  substitute hope for trust and faith. We expect our prayers will be answered when we hope for God to continue his blessings on us, and that is faith.
We know that God is faithful, so we hope in all things through him.
As it says in Psalm 39:7, "And now, Lord, what do I wait for?  My hope is in you."
God bless you and remember,  
Jesus loves you
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth,  cleansed and washed in the word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment