Monday, July 15, 2013

Forgiveness of sin

Greetings. My Friends;
I was looking over the response to the messages that have been posted. It seems that sin is among the most read. A lot of preachers in the past have been known as fire and brimstone preachers. I guess these preachers felt that if they beat you over the head, long enough and hard enough about your sins they could scare you into salvation. The only thing they accomplished in most cases was to make people feel desperate and hopeless.  A lot of people if they feel hopeless enough, just give up. That is not the way the Lord intended things to be. The Lord and his mercy provide for forgiveness of sins.
Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead to eliminate our sins through a new covenant with man. We obtained forgiveness of sins and salvation through his sacrifice. We serve a God who loves us and wants us to spend eternity with him. I have copied a few verses from the Bible, because they bring hope, instead of despair. The truth is the truth.
1 John 1:9, "if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Isaiah 43:25 "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgression for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.
Psalms 103:12 "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us".
Matthew 26:28. "For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins".
Acts 3:19 " Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of us refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord".
When you do have sin, re-read these verses and realize that your sins have been paid for on the cross. Repent sincerely, and as our precious Jesus said, "go and sin no more".
God bless you and remember,
 Jesus loves you.
The Prayer of Salvation;

Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment