Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Compassion

Greetings. My Friends;
Compassion is defined as; sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
Proverbs 19:17 "He who has pity on the poor, lends to the Lord, and he will pay back what he is given."
Job 6:14 "To him who is afflicted,, kindness  should be shown by his friends, even though he forsakes the fear of the Almighty."
Compassion covers a lot of territory. We see starving children on television and we feel their hunger and despair. We sometimes feel in our hearts that we should try to help, so we send money. Did we have true compassion, or did we do it out of guilt because we have so much?
True compassion is not just financial charity. True compassion extends to every part of life. It includes friends, strangers, and sometimes someone we may not even like.
Romans 12:13 "Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep."
You may know someone who just lost a loved one, or someone in the hospital, or is in financial trouble. Kind words are wonderful, but sometimes it goes further than that. Maybe a couple of hot meals for the bereaved family. Maybe someone could use a ride to see sick family or friend. A caring person during times of stress or grief, is a blessing from God. Do for someone else what you would appreciate someone doing for you.
Remember that true compassion does not involve judging whether someone deserves help. As creator, God is the judge of everyone. It is written, "with what measure you judge, you will be judged." I believe we are confronted with people or situations where are compassion and love for God is tested. I believe God has a sense of humor too. Many times he will bring someone into the picture that we don't particularly like. Do good anyway, it means more to God.
Remember one other thing. Situations that require true compassion are an opportunity for us.
God bless you and remember,
 Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment