Friday, July 19, 2013

Intercessory Prayer

Greetings. My Friends;
Perhaps the most powerful type of prayer is the one you pray for someone else.
Job 42: 10 "and the Lord restored Jobs losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed  Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before."
Jesus gave us many examples of praying for others. One of the most beautiful in my opinion is written in John. 17:9 – 24. Jesus prayed to the Father about those whom the Father gave to Him. He even prayed for those who crucified Him.
Luke 23:24 "Jesus said father forgive them, for they know not what they do."
Abraham prayed for the righteous in Sodom and Gomorrah. Even Abraham's servant prayed to find the right wife for Isaac when Abraham sent him on that mission.
Moses was constantly interceding for the children of Israel. They had a habit of acting in ways that made God angry and ready to destroy them. Moses prayed and the people as a whole were spared.
As mentioned in 2 Chronicles 30:18 when many people from various places ate the Passover without being cleansed, the prayers of Hezekiah to God, spared them.
Paul prayed for all the churches. The list goes on.
Everyone in the Bible that was chosen by God, prayed for everyone else. In Luke 22:32. Jesus said to Peter, "I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to me, strengthen your brethren."
Jesus did it, the profits  did it, and all of the righteous in God  did it. God answered all of their prayers, no matter how big the problem that they were praying for.
Pray for as many people as you can everyday, and you will receive an abundance of God's blessings, grace and favor.
Got Bess you and remember,
 Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounced the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the words and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your spirit, in Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment