Monday, July 29, 2013

The Holy Spirit; A Campanion

Greetings. My Friends,
When I first became a Christian, I understood that you also receive the Holy Spirit. I had always heard that that was a very good thing, but as with many things, it is hard to take advantage of something you know nothing about. As I said in an earlier message, I went to no small effort to learn about what I was entitled to and what I was supposed to do. Of course, I found out early on that it wasn't anything I did or had  to do to be saved, Jesus already took care of that.
For some reason I always knew deep in my heart that the Holy Spirit represented unlimited power. I really put in effort to find out what he was all about. As time went on, I found out two things that really became very important to me.
Paul spoke quite a lot about speaking in other tongues. I also wanted to be baptized in the Holy Spirit.  Both of these desires were fulfilled simultaneously one Sunday afternoon after services. From that point on, I felt like a new person. I felt like I could tap into unbelievable power, not my own, but the Holy Spirit. I started to talk to him as though he were my best friend. My faith was bolstered on many occasions when I needed real faith, no fear or doubt, and it was there.
I have been healed from 3 potentially deadly diseases. Throw in a couple of less serious injuries, and you have to say to yourself, only by the grace of God, Jesus and resurrection, and the power of the Holy Spirit, I am still here. With all of the things I have been through, how can I possibly doubt the Lord about anything. I have come to view the Holy Spirit as my constant companion. I talk to him during the day, and I believe he talks to me. He warns me of danger. Believe me,  I learned the hard way to listen to his voice in my heart. I do woodworking, and still have all of my fingers thanks to Him.
It may be hard for some to believe, but I started writing these messages, because I believe the Holy Spirit told me to. I believe He even tells me what to write about.  If I don't know what to write about, I ask Him and He tells me. Although this might sound crazy to some, but I believe he will cause the people who need it to find it. As I said in the past my job is to plant the seeds.
God bless you and remember,
 Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus had been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment