Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Praise

Greetings My Friends;
Praise is defined as soon expressing respect and gratitude, especially in song. We praise God for blessings. We have all heard that we should praise the Lord, but what does that mean? Praise comes from the Hebrew barak, meaning to kneel; by implication, to bless God.
Psalm 50:23. "Whoever offers praise glorifies me; and to him who orders his conduct aright, I will show the salvation of God.
Psalm 105:2 "Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; talk of all His wondrous works."
As you can see praise to the Lord takes many forms. The book of Psalms has been referred to as ancient Israel's hymn book. David wrote about half of the Psalms. Whether you read them, or sing them you are praising God the way the ancient Hebrews did.
As we look at the many verses in the Psalms, we find that there are quite a few verses that refer to using your lips to praise God. This does not necessarily mean singing.
To me, there are many ways to praise the Lord. Prayer from the heart, especially for someone else shows thankfulness to God for what He has given us. A kind act to someone pleases God, the same way. Acknowledge Him as your Creator, and thank Him for everything. What to thank him for? How about your next breath, your sight, and every move you make. Look around you and if you start thanking him for everything you can see, feel, and do, you will be at it a long time.
We must remember; everything we do from the heart because we love Him, praises Him. Even the angels praise Him.
Psalm 96:2 "For the Lord is great, and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods."
Fear is from the Hebrew word yare meaning to revere. So when you read that you are to fear God, it does not mean to be afraid of Him.
God bless you and remember,
 Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past, come  into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your spirit, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment