Thursday, May 29, 2014

Words Concerning God

Greetings My Friends
Every morning when I get up I say, I thank you, I praise you, and I love you Lord. Even though I mean what I say, the words sometimes seem like they don't really mean very much. The reason I believe, is that we have a tendency to repeat things without thinking, kind of like a parrot.
Some examples to think about. Someone sneezes, and without thinking we say bless you. Why? When you really bless someone, you are passing on the blessing God gave to Abraham and his descendents. Blessing someone is a loving, powerful, and sacred thing. It should never be taken lightly. We need to put a little thought into what we say, and not bring something as beautiful as a blessing into the commonplace.
Another example. Suppose you were someplace with a lot of other people. The leader of the group tells everyone that they are to be killed the next day. He also says that if they all do a certain thing, whoever does it will be spared. When it happens as he said, how would you feel? Casual or grateful. Sounds silly? Ever hear of Passover?
Think about the worst things you could ever imagine happening to you. Picture the most horrible tortures you can think of. This would go on and on forever with no chance of escape by dying. Then someone you don't like or maybe even you hate, steps up and says, I'll take your place. You can go to Hawaii. Sound impossible? Well my friends, except for the Hawaii part, Jesus did it for us. How would you feel? Can't describe the joy probably.
There have been many movies about Jesus. The miracles, the crucifixion, and the resurrection. Many people feel that it was no big deal. They think and even say that He didn't feel anything because He was God. Then there are some who say it never happened in the first place.
Even though the crucifixion was countless times worse than portrayed in the passion of the Christ, you still get a tiny glimpse of the hatred for Jesus and how he suffered. If you watch this movie with your brain turned on, you would need the hardest heart possible to not be moved.
He did it all for us. We were forgiven, healed, and offered salvation. Every time He gets punched, whipped and abused, if we really think about it we will realize that our sins are what He was being beaten and abused for. Jesus wasn't just a movie for our entertainment, but a real person, who died for us. God gave us His son to save us. Would you give your son to someone who hated you or you knew would hate him? Think about what He did.
It did happen, He felt everything, and His love for us is what caused it all, because he wanted us to spend eternity with Him. So my friends, if you haven't already, start meditating on the things of God. Really think about what he has done for you, and whether or not you take it all for granted, or even care. I don't say this in a nasty way, because I to have been guilty. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart and mind, so that you can appreciate what God has done for you, and what thoughts and words mean to the rest of His people.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Father I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died to forgive me for those sins. By His stripes I was healed. By His death and resurrection he made salvation possible. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart and be my personal Savior. Help me to live according to your plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment