Thursday, May 1, 2014

Talking About Jesus

Greetings My Friends;
Many Christians feel a little embarrassed talking about Jesus. I guess the biggest reason for that is, a lot of other people don't want to hear about Him.
I have learned a few things over the years that may help. If you are a spirit filled Christian, don't start condemning yourself if you don't mention Jesus to everyone you meet. Remember, you are under grace, not works.
 If you are a little hesitant about talking to someone, you may want to try what I did to start out. For instance. If you see a person in a store that looks unhappy, ask the Lord to bless them, and to help them in their needs. Everyone has some kind of need, so you can't go wrong.
If someone gets on your nerves or upsets you in any way, instead of getting upset, bless them. As you do this, you will find yourself saying quietly, bless this person Lord, and more and more you will do it without thinking. I'm not saying every single person, the Holy Spirit will tell you when.
You get to the point where you are led to mention Jesus, and you will get a positive response. I talk to cashiers all the time. A good part of the time as I am leaving, I tell the person to have a blessed day. Nine times out of ten, they smile and say thank you and bless you too. Another thing I find, is there have been times I was in a conversation with a stranger, and I was led to ask if they knew Jesus. Sometimes someone asked me. What an uplifting thing to have happen. I believe the Holy Spirit arranges things like that, so don't get uptight if it doesn't happen for a while.
Another great opportunity comes with people at church. When you are with another believer, most conversations turn to how great God is, and the latest thing He has done in our lives. I have never been as excited talking about anything, as when I talk about Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Nothing can compare.
A very good side benefit is that you are fulfilling the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself. You become a servant of the most high God.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father. I repent of all sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died for me to forgive. He rose again to make salvation possible, and to conquer death. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart, and to be my personal savior. Help me to live according to your plan for my life. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment