Thursday, May 15, 2014

Untitled

Greetings My Friends
I gave this title, to this message, because it was the only one that popped into my head. This message concerns something that happened recently, and turned out to be another awakening.
My wife and I are pretty average believers, with an occasional period of  what I will call super faith. This little story, was written basically to show you how God protects you, even when you screw up.
Two years ago my youngest son moved a few hundred miles to an area we really like. He made it plain that he and his wife would like it very much if we move too. Well fortunately we felt the same way.
My wife and I decided that in order to be sure it was the right thing to do, we would trust the Lord about it. We decided to sell our house with the idea that if it sold for our price it was an answer to our prayer and that everything would work out just fine. The sale of our house would get us into a house the Lord had planned for us.
Well it started out okay. We decided we would step out in faith and see what was available so we would be ready. Well you can guess the rest. We started to figure that we would buy something right away and spend weekends there until our house sold. See where this is going? We thought we were stepping out in faith. But in reality it was a trick of satan that we fell for.
We found three places online that looked good to us. Each of them had been for sale for about a year. I called the real estate and told them what we wanted to see. After a couple of days the real estate called and said that in the last couple of days all three were sold. Since I sometimes have a hard head, I pursued the plan with three other houses. Repairs and legal problems were staggering. I gave up for now.
That whole month was no peace whatsoever. Should we go, should we stay, stress and nerves. You're right, we fell into satan's trap. Fortunately my wife and I realized what happened. The Lord was looking out for us as He always has. We repented and asked God for an answer. Well He answered pretty quick. We felt in our hearts that the first plan was correct.
We put the house up for sale and declared it sold in Jesus name. We will use that money for a new home. We are trusting in the Lord, and will follow His plan exactly the way we understand this time.
We could have saved ourselves a lot of grief if we had just stuck to trusting the Lord in the first place, and didn't second-guess Him. satan is so sneaky, we didn't realize we were messing things up. It seemed so innocent.
I wrote this as a warning to you. Be aware. Thanks be to God for protecting us from a terrible mistake.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Father I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died for me. He took away my sins, by His stripes I was healed, and by His resurrection salvation has been made possible. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart, and be my personal savior. Help me to live according to your plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment