Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Are We Blind?????

Greetings My Friends
When you spend quiet time with the Lord every day, you may be surprised to find out how enlightening it can be. Quiet time the way most people do it, is to get by yourself, talk to the Lord, and just wait to hear that small voice within.
I'll give you a for instance. I am sure we have all been amused by the fact that the Pharisees wanted to see a sign that Jesus was the son of God. The thought that occurred to me was how ridiculous could they be? Where were they when all of Jesus miracles were going on? They must have been there, because they were persecuting Him for things that He had done.
Take the apostles. They lived with Jesus over three years, and saw everything He did. After Jesus fed the crowd with a few loaves and fish, you would think they would know exactly what would happen a second time. Apparently they didn't. As we say now, they didn't have a clue. It makes you wonder if they had any brains. We can't judge them too harshly though, because we aren't any better than they were.
All of us at one time or another, have wondered if Jesus or God the father loves us. We constantly ask God to show us even a little bit of His love. We even gets frustrated and begin to doubt because we may not feel something we think we should feel.
Well my friends, get ready for a real shocker. Our lives are full of examples of His love for us. We are alive, God sent his only son to die for us to forgive our sins, and make salvation possible. That's just the beginning.
We are blessed in ways we don't even realize. How many disasters have we avoided? How many mistakes did we make, and not pay a heavy price. How about our loved ones? The list goes on and on. We have the Holy Spirit as a helper, teacher, and guide, if we take advantage of it. We are so blessed in so many things, we don't even realize the blessings we have because we take everything for granted as if we deserve them.
At one time I used to laugh about how blind I thought many people in Bible times were. Then one day the Holy Spirit started to show me, that we are no different than they were. There is an old saying that you wouldn't notice something, even if it fell on you.
All I can say for myself is, all I have to do is look around me, and look for examples of God's love for me. You don't have to look very far. I find that I am loved beyond measure, even though I do take things for granted. I am thankful, that my eyes are finally starting to open.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Father I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died to forgive my sins. By His stripes I was healed. He rose again to make salvation possible. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart and be my personal Savior. Help me to live according to your plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment