Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Jesus Power In You

Greetings My Friends
When I was at Bible study last Sunday, the person who was the leader, told the group that he felt that a couple of people in the group, were about to receive a revelation from the Holy Spirit. He mentioned this a couple of times. We concluded this study, and attended the Sunday service at the same location.
The pastor started a series on the Holy Spirit. As he was talking, a thought came to me that I would call a revelation. This revelation as I will call it, made the idea of prayer so powerful that I feel I have to share it. It is one of those things that you totally understand in your own mind, but have some difficulty explaining it to someone else, because words seem inadequate.
As I write this, I ask the Holy Spirit to open hearts so that others see it the way it was showed to me. I realize that many people may already know what I am about say, but I feel compelled to say it anyway.
God created the universe by His words. He spoke everything into existence. He said "light be" and there was light. Whenever He spoke to anything, it had no choice, it had to obey. The gospel of John tells us that in the first few verses.
When God sent His only son to earth on a rescue mission, He told Jesus what the mission was, and gave Him the same power through the Holy Spirit, that He had during creation. God gave Jesus a helper who happened to be the Holy Spirit, because Jesus was temporarily human when He was on the earth. Jesus had no power of His own to do the works He was supposed to do. He acted for God through the Holy Spirit. Because of the Holy Spirit, every word that Jesus spoke had to be obeyed.
When Jesus spoke to His apostles after His resurrection, He told them that He would send them a helper. The same helper that made creation happen, helped Jesus, and made Him rise again from the dead. He told the apostles to preach the word to all men, cast out demons, heal the sick, and make disciples. Jesus spoke and so it was.
When Jesus spoke, He did it for all generations to come. We now take our turn. We are in the same position as Jesus was. The same helper is ours. The same command He gave to the apostles applied to all believers. By His word, which must be obeyed, we are charged with doing His work until He comes back. Our words spoken in His name, must be obeyed. When you realize that, you also realize He gave you the faith that is required to make it happen.
So the bottom line is this. Pray in Jesus name, speak the words that the Bible backs up, and what you speak to, must obey. Just as you had a father, and he had a father, and so on down the line, the bloodline is there. When we became children of God, we stepped into His bloodline. To put it in a carnal away, it is like carrying on the family business.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Father I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died to forgive those sins. I know that by His stripes I was healed. I know He rose again to make salvation possible. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart, and be my personal Savior. Help me to live according to your plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment