Thursday, May 22, 2014

Sowing Is Not Just Money

Greetings My Friends
Whenever sowing seed is mentioned, you could almost hear the groans from those present. It normally happens because a lot of people don't know the whole story, or they worry about their money. I will give a brief explanation.
First of all, let's take what most people are troubled by. That is tithing with money. All I can tell you is that it works. I have been on a fixed income for quite a few years, so it is easy to think that there will not be an increase, because the income is fixed. That is our kind of thinking, not God's. While my income has not gone up, my expenses have gone way down, in effect giving me much more spending money. The lower expenses had nothing to do with anything that I did.
Next, let's look at the seeds I will call helpfulness. You can help a neighbor, by shoveling snow, raking leaves, even keeping an eye on their house while they are away. Helping neighbors can cause other people to help other neighbors. They may even end up helping you if you need it.
Now let's look at a joyful spirit. Are people at work generally down a lot? Cheer them up by speaking positive words. When I was working, I interacted with all departments on a daily basis. When I came into a department, I told everyone that I came to bring some sunshine into their lives. Some people laughed, but it worked. I benefited, because I had to live up to what I said, and it made me feel good.
If you are a believer, and you work with unbelievers, bring a reflection of Jesus to these people. You don't have to preach. Just reflect Jesus love in what you do. It will become contagious, and the atmosphere of depression will change.
I think you get the idea. You can give yourself, your time, anything you can think of. Remember, whatever kind of seed you plant, that is the harvest that will come. You plant the seed, God makes it grow. If you plant nothing, nothing will grow. So you see, sowing is more than just money.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Father I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died for me to forgive those sins. I also know that by His stripes I was healed. I know that by His death and resurrection, He made salvation possible. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart, and be my personal Savior. Help me to live according to your plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment