Sunday, May 18, 2014

Self Inflicted Rules

Greetings My Friends
Many of us can live for years under the law even though we are under grace since Jesus death and resurrection.
Let me explain. The law we are living under is usually of our own making. Sometimes when we try to be a good Christian, or are attempting to please Jesus, we come up with rituals that we think will accomplish that.
Suppose you decide that you should read the Bible for three hours a day, pray for one hour, or whatever. If you fail to do one of your self-imposed rules, you feel guilty. At that point satan comes along and confirms that you are bad, and God doesn't love you anymore because you let Him down. You feel worse and worse.
By virtue of the fact that you feel so bad, you should put the facts together and know you need to change. First of all, it is an offense to God for you to think you can earn what He has already given you.
If you read the Bible to learn the Word of God, that is good, because it is for the right reason. Relax with it. If you read five chapters, or 50 chapters, it doesn't matter to God. It is for your own edification.
Some people think that if you help your neighbor, or give to the poor, or even love your neighbor, it is not works.  Not so. If you imitate Jesus and what He did, you are following His wishes. When you are saved, the Holy Spirit guides you in carrying out what is in your heart.
When you act like Jesus from your heart because you love Him and all He does for you it is a sign of Thanksgiving. So keep reading your Bible to find out what Jesus did. The more you know Jesus and the Holy Spirit, the more you will do what He did. Your good works will come to be like a reflex action. You will do that without even thinking.
Another point is simply this. If for instance you do not help someone, you won't get a feeling of condemnation, but a feeling of missed opportunity. So just relax, and be guided by the Holy Spirit. You can't buy something you already have as a free gift. If you operate like this, I will bet, that it will make Jesus smile. You will be living under grace, and not under law, even your own.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died for me to forgive my sins. By His stripes I was healed. He rose again to make salvation possible. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart and be my personal savior. Help me to live according to your plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment