Monday, May 12, 2014

Like Jesus

Greetings My Friends;
Many people don't realize that we are like Jesus when he was on earth. While he was here, he was just a man. He had to give up being God for that period of time in order to experience what it was like to be human.
Think about that for a minute. For instance. A man will never know or imagine what it is like to have a baby. It is very hard to have true compassion for people who are starving or losing a child through starvation, when you have never missed a meal in your life. Jesus had to be a man and not God.
If you read the Bible, you begin to realize that Jesus did not do any of His miracles on His own power. He relied on the Holy Spirit for that. He did what His father told Him to do, and the Holy Spirit did the rest.
Just before Jesus ascension, He gave the apostles what has been called the great commission. It is mentioned in Mark 16:15 – 18 Jesus told them to preach the gospel,cast out demons, heal the sick in His name.
In telling us to use His name in these circumstances, He made us like His earthly self. He even told the apostles they would do even greater works than He did. In effect, we became His proxy on earth, with something similar to a power of attorney, to act in His name. He also gave them the same Holy Spirit that He had, and that raised Him from the dead.
A couple things seem pretty clear if you look at it with an open mind. Jesus intended for His work to go on. The apostles were His tools. It stands to reason that believers carried on that work as Jesus commanded, and passed it on to the next group of believers. Jesus intention was not that His works were to extend only for the lifetime of the apostles, but to all men until the end of time.
I get excited every time I think that God made us just like Jesus. By the grace of God, we are blessed and able to carry on Jesus work.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Father I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died for me to forgive all of my sins. By His stripes I was healed. He rose again to make salvation possible. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart, and be my personal savior. Help me to live according to your plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment