Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Life In The Spirit

Greetings My Friends;
The Holy Spirit is someone mentioned in prayers once in a while. Untold numbers of people acknowledge His existence, but don't have a clue about His function.
A number of religions do not teach about the Holy Spirit. This is a real offense to those seeking God. The Holy Spirit does so much in a believer's life. Jesus feels that the Holy Spirit is so important that when we are saved, we receive the Holy Spirit automatically. Before Jesus went back to heaven after He rose from the dead, He promised His followers that He would send them a helper. That helper was the Holy Spirit.
When the disciples were baptized in the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, they received the ability to do what Jesus did, through the power of the Holy Spirit. Everything Jesus did, was done with the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus was raised from the dead by the Holy Spirit.
Talk about power. All believers can be baptized in the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:7 – 11 talks about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. All of these gifts are given for the benefit of all. Briefly they include, word of wisdom, word of knowledge, faith, gift of healing, working of miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, speaking in tongues, and interpretation of tongues.
All of this may be hard for a lot of people to accept . The fact is, they are all written in the Bible, so it is not imagination or speculation. These gifts are given as needed by the Holy Spirit. He is not limited to only these gifts however.
Most believers interact with the Holy Spirit every day, and don't even know it. For example. Have you ever heard a little voice that told you something, and you ignored it to find out later that you should have listened? I count on the Holy Spirit so much, that if I park at a store, and I get an uncomfortable feeling, I will change parking spaces. I am serious.
Every day before I read the Bible I ask the Holy Spirit to help me understand and remember what I read. He always does. I count on Him for everything. He helps with decisions all the time. Praying in faith with the name of Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit, will make what looks impossible, come to pass.
There are countless books about the Holy Spirit. Really get to know Him. He wants you to call on Him for everything, including perfect health. Don't scoff at what I say, but rather try it for yourself.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father. I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died to forgive me of all my sins. He rose again to make salvation possible and to conquere death. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart, and be my personal savior. Help me to live according to your plan for my life. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment