Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Resurrection Day

Greetings My Friends;
This message is about what is to me, the most important day in anyone's life. The anniversary of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
I think many of us grew up never knowing much about the day most people call Easter. I don't know how you were taught about Easter, but I can tell you that I never knew just how important it was.
I went to a religious school, and church every Sunday. The Bible and our church and its importance were never mentioned. Teaching involved 2 verses on Sunday and that's it. Religion classes involved memorizing questions and answers that we were required to know. There was no teaching at home, and no Bible. Parents were brought up pretty much the same way, so they didn't know any better. I left church after grade school.
A number of years ago, my wife and I started searching for God because we had emptiness in our hearts we couldn't explain. One day we ran across Pastor Arnold Murray on TV. He went through the Bible verse by verse. He was on from about 2 AM until 5 AM. We taped his teaching every day, and watched it in the evening.
When Easter came, one of the things he covered was how people celebrated it. He went on and on about Easter eggs and the Easter Bunny,  and just about everything we associate with Easter. At the time I thought he was a little ridiculous in the way that he was talking because everything he said seemed pretty harmless to me. When I think about it now I feel bad that I was not aware of just how right he was.
Praise the Lord for all of the preachers on TV. There are many good ones out there, who are exciting to listen to. It is a rare day that at least one of them doesn't give some insight into something that we never realized before. They explain the significance of so many things, it really is uplifting. The Bible and Jesus have finally become valuable.
When you realize that when Jesus went to the cross, he took all of our sins and sicknesses with Him. They were on the cross with Him. When He died, so did our sins and sicknesses. When He rose from the dead He defeated satan, and by extension so did we. He also made our salvation possible, thereby giving us eternal life with Him.
Here is something to think about. If you have a child that is the most precious thing in the world to you, who do you know that you would let your child go through what Jesus did for that person? Better yet how about for the worst person you know,or ever heard of ?
God the father loved us so much he sent Jesus to save us. Think about how much love that took and how much it would be unappreciated. He did it anyway. That is the God we serve. We must pass that love of God to everyone, especially our children. You could write books about the importance of resurrection day, but the space here is pretty limited, but I think you get the idea.
By the way, I believe with all my heart everything I say. I only wish I could express my feelings about Jesus much better than I do. My feelings about Easter and what Jesus accomplished at his death, are so mind-boggling to me that I get so emotional that I can hardly speak about it. I only wish I could put into words how I feel. I trust in the Holy Spirit to put on your heart what resurrection day really means.
God blessed His people through Aaron the priest;
God bless you and keep you
God cause His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you
God lift up His face unto you and give you peace
Prayer of Salvation;
Father I repent of all my sins. I believe Jesus suffered, died, and rose again to forgive all of my sins and to make salvation possible. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart and be my personal savior.
Remember Jesus Loves You, And Have a Blessed Day

No comments:

Post a Comment