Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Love Your Neighbor

Greetings My Friends;
How many times have you heard or read that you should love your neighbor as your self? How about the fact that everyone in the world qualifies to be your neighbor. How do you do that?
I think we need to take a good look at the word love in this context. This love is not exactly like the love we have come to know, such as love for spouse, kids, parents.
1 Corinthians chapter 13 does a pretty good job of telling us what love is and what it isn't. If all of it is applied to our  families, it would make an unbelievable relationship. But what about your billions of neighbors in the world?
First of all, relax and realize the Lord is not asking you to do the impossible. Your only around a few people a day. How do you love them? Let's take a look at 1 Corinthians for some answers.
Love is kind, does not envy, it does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, rejoices in truth. These are just what I look at as just regular getting along with people. Imagine if someone treated you this way. Pretty nice?
Through all of this you can add financial help to the poor, physical help to someone who needs it, encouraging words in a tough situation, prayers for everyone you meet. Blessings to someone who irritated you, like another driver for instance.
Do yourself a big favor and read 1 Corinthians 13:1 – 13.. Soak it in. Meditate on how you would like everyone to treat you, even if you were less than easy to get along with. When you are finished with all of this prep work, start treating others that way.
I think that after a while, your life will be much better. You won't get aggravated as much, things will look better, and you will be happier. One giant plus. The Lord will be happy because you will be reflecting His light to everyone you meet.
So you see, when you look at it from that point of view, it is not that hard to love your neighbor as yourself.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father. I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died for me to forgive all my sins. He rose again to make salvation possible and to conquer death. I asked you Jesus to come into my heart, and be my personal savior. Help me to live according to your plan for my life. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment