Monday, April 21, 2014

The Defeat Of satan

Greetings My Friends;
In the beginning, when satan found out about God's plan for man, his super pride got the best of him. I am sure he felt that man was so inferior to him, that he couldn't let God get away with it. I am sure that in his crazed mind, he not only hated man, but he wanted to get even with God for what he felt God had done to him.
He knew it would take some effort to get God's creation away from Him. If satan could not rule in heaven, he would make sure he could rule on earth. The ultimate thief would steal God's creation.
When satan first saw Adam and Eve, he realized it might be difficult to get them to turn on God. They had everything, so he resorted to trickery. He used his most productive tools, doubt and lies. Well Adam and Eve fell for it, and satan stole their birthright.
I can imagine how satan gloated about his victory. It was probably then that he came up with his master plan to make slaves out of man. When man got so corrupted that God sent the flood, all of the demons celebrated. I'm sure satan did not expect God to give man another chance.
Well after the flood when man filled the earth again, man became corrupted again. This time God sent His only son to redeem man. satan thought that if he could kill Jesus, it would be the ultimate revenge on God. satan wasn't as smart as he gave himself credit for being. He could not see God's thoughts. He stirred people up against Jesus. He appealed to all of man's worst thoughts and feelings. In spite of all of Jesus teachings and miracles people turned against Jesus. They crucified Him.
When Jesus died, every demon, especially satan, probably had a big celebration. They celebrated because they judged God by the way they were.
God threw satan a curve. Jesus rose from the dead, and satan and his minions were in shock. Then they found out that Jesus suffering and death took away a man's sin and afflictions. His resurrection opened the door to salvation, and death was conquered.
The part of this story of satan that is comical and make you feel good, is that  the ultimate deceiver, deceived himself, because God took man back. Remember these few things about satan. He cannot read your mind. He cannot make you do anything that you don't want to do. He is a liar. He will do what ever he can't turn you against God.
God gave us power over satan because of what Jesus did. satan will flee if we invoke Jesus name. James 4:7 "I am submitted to God and the devil flees from me, because I resist him in the name of Jesus".
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father I repent of all my sins. I believe Jesus suffered, died, and rose again to forgive all of my sins and to make salvation possible. I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be my personal savior and to help me live according to His plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment