Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hate

Greetings My Friends;
Hate is one of those words most people use without realizing what they are really saying. We have covered the use or misuse, as well as the power of words. We say things like, I hate this burger, I hate my job, and it goes on and on.
It is written in 1 John 3:15 "whoever hates his brother is a murderer in his heart and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him".
That gives you an idea of what God considers hate to be. The Bible flat out tells us it is a serious thing. When we use any word or phrase, our brains and our hearts become conditioned to acting on those words. As we all know by now, if you keep hearing yourself say things like I hate my job, you will, even if it is not as bad as you make yourself believe. It will get worse and worse.
Sometimes minor irritations  that are caused by someone you are not fond of lead to something worse. We all have someone in our lives that we dislike either  them or the things they do. We must be extra careful in a situation like that. Just because we think they don't measure up to our standards, is an even bigger reason to overlook what we think is questionable on their part. Don't let your pride hurt you, or have any ill feelings toward them.
Perhaps my biggest hot buttons are other drivers, and people who park in handicapped spots when it is obvious that there is nothing wrong with them. For years both of these things really bothered me. I would get angry and self-righteous. It made me feel better to cuss and call them names. Even though those types of feelings are pretty common, that does not make them right. When I think about it now, I realize how ridiculous that was.
One day the Holy Spirit put some insight about this into my heart. People do what they do for any number of reasons. Self-righteous me was also guilty of irritating someone else. I felt that I would feel better if I would acknowledge that fact. Now when someone gets to me, I just  tell myself that there is a reason for what they did, and I ask the Lord to forgive me, and bless them.
At sometime or other, we all do things that bother someone else because none of us is perfect. If God was so quick to judge us by his standards, we would all be guilty. So avoid the possibility of judging, and pride, which can eventually lead to hate. You may not agree with that statement but think about it. Words said in anger often can take a situation or feeling from dislike to hate very quick.
We can follow the example of one who is perfect, Jesus Christ. Forgive and bless someone. Would you like to be forgiven and blessed, rather than to be cursed?
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father I repent of all my sins. I believe Jesus suffered, died, and rose again to forgive all of my sins and to make salvation possible. I asked Jesus to come into my heart to be my personal savior. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment