Monday, April 28, 2014

A Short Story

Greetings My Friends;
Today for a change I will tell you a short story I heard the other day, and how I interpreted it.
There was a lion, a bear, and a unicorn in a cave. The cave opening was as big as a regular door. One day an evil king wanted to take over this cave. Well the King had an army of thousands. He attacked the cave, but with the opening so small, only one or two of his men could attack at the same time. As they did, the lion, the bear, and the unicorn stopped them.
Well the evil King was no dummy. He could see his plan wasn't working, so he tried to make a deal. He called out to the bear and the unicorn, and told them he only wanted the lion. He said, give up the lion, and I will spare you. I will cut off the unicorn's horn, chain the bear, and you will live and perform in my circus.When the bear and the unicorn heard him, they replied, do what you will, but we are not giving up the lion.
As soon as I heard this story, I understood the meaning, at least it seemed that way to me. The lion was the lion of Judah, Jesus Christ. The bear and the unicorn were you and me. The evil King was satan.
Picture satan and his horde  of followers attacking believers. The small opening in the cave is God's protection for us so that we can keep evil at bay, and not be overcome. satan wants us to give up Jesus. He promises us that as his slaves, we can live in his evil circus.
We must be brave like the bear and the unicorn, and refuse to give up Jesus. By the grace of God, satan is under our feet, and he has no power over us.
Just my thoughts on this little story. See if it makes sense to you.
Father. I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died to forgive my sins. He rose again to make salvation possible and to conquer death. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart, and be my personal savior. Help me to live according to your plan for my life. Thank you Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment