Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Waiting On The Lord

Greetings My Friends;
We have often heard the expression, waiting on the Lord. What does that mean? Does that mean if you want to sell your house, you ask the Lord to sell it, and sit around and wait for someone to come to the door with a check. I think not.
I may be a little fuzzy in my thinking, but I interpret that statement this way. When you pray to the Lord, and tell Him what is in your heart, and use Jesus name, it will be done. That seems kind of simple, but what is the process.
One of the things that I have followed for the last couple of years, is to talk to the Lord, tell Him what's on my mind, ask for whatever it is I'm praying for, and then trusting Him to do the rest.
Now it gets interesting. What do you do? My normal practice, is to relax, and wait for that little voice in my heart. That usually happens the same day, but may take a little longer if you're not used to listening for the voice. When you hear the voice in your heart, you must act on it in faith. A word of caution here. Do not under any circumstances, act before you hear that little voice.
When we talk about waiting on the Lord, I believe that is what it refers to. The timing has to come from the Lord. That voice in your heart, will tell you when the time is right. I believe, that is what they are talking about when they say waiting on the Lord. Remember, no matter how long something takes as far as answers to prayers or anything else you talk to the Lord about, once you speak to him in Jesus name, it is finished. The answer is on the way.
So I guess when you believe what I just said, it really takes some of the confusion out of that term, waiting on the Lord. Remember, the result is brought about by acting on your faith, not sitting around.
God Bless You And Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father, I come to you a sinner,and I ask forgiveness. I truly repent, and believe with all my heart that Jesus died and rose again from the dead. I also believe I am washed in His blood, forgiven of all my sins, and by His stripes I am healed. With all my heart I accept Jesus as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment