Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Faith as a Child

Greetings My Friends;
In the Bible there are places where we see how much Jesus loves children. They were and are very precious to Him. It is written Matthew 18:3–4 "assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever helpful sin itself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
Does that mean you have to think and act like a three-year-old? Absolutely not. As you probably know, Jesus was referring to the total innocence of little children. If you know any little children, you also probably know, that they will believe just about anything you tell them. If you are a parent, they will believe everything without question. They have total trust in their parent, as well as everyone else. They do not know about sin yet, so they do not have to worry. To the child's mind, nothing is impossible.
Well my friends, that is exactly how we are supposed to be about our faith in the Lord. We have to trust the Lord with everything. Whatever the Word says, we must believe it because it is the Word of God. The problem comes up when satan tries to tell your mind that something is impossible or ridiculous.
If we humble ourselves to the point where we just trust the Lord for everything, He will never let us down. The problem we have in life, boils down to one thing, that little children do not have as a stumbling block. That little thing is known as pride.
You don't have to be an idiot when you think like a child. You just have to realize, that when it comes to faith, you are operating in the spirit world. As it is written, we walk by faith and not by sight. That is the same world, that God operates in. And in that world nothing is impossible.
Just remember, your brain can really mess you up. See with your heart, and you will see what God sees. Then you will be like little children, and the kingdom will be yours.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father, I come to you a sinner, and I ask forgiveness. I truly repent, and believe with all my heart that Jesus died and rose again. I also believe I am washed in His Blood, forgiven of all my sins, and by His stripes I am healed. With all my heart I accept Jesus as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment