Sunday, February 9, 2014

Disciples And Apostles

Greetings My Friends;
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between apostles and disciples ? Well my friends, I have, so I looked it up in the Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
The Greek word for disciple is pupil. The Hebrew and Greek word for apostle is commissioner. The Greek and Hebrew explanation for commissioner, is the one who has full authority and power.
It is written in Mark 16:15–18, and John 20:21–22 that the apostles were sent by Jesus out into the world, to preach, heal the sick, cast out demons, and work miracles. They were given the authority to do these things, by Jesus himself, using His name. When you hear the term the great commission, that is what it is referring to.
When we study the Word of God, we are in effect, disciples of Christ, because we are pupil's. When we go out and do what the Word says to do, we are in effect apostles. It may seem strange, to call regular people, disciples and or apostles, but when we are born again, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, that is exactly what we are.
Some people may take issue with that statement, but if you look at the definitions, it fits. If you are practicing your faith, the way you are supposed to, by using it, be comforted in the fact, that you are an apostle. That is my opinion, because I believe it to be true. What do you think?
God Bless You and Remember
 Jesus loves You
Prayer of Salvation;;
Father, I come to you a sinner, and I ask forgiveness.  I truly repent, and believe with all my heart that Jesus died and rose again. I also believe I am washed in His blood, forgiven of all my sins, and by His stripes I am healed. With all my heart I accept Jesus as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment