Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Compassion and Sympathy

Greetings My Friends;
As you read the Bible, you see one of the most important things  Jesus did while He was on this earth.  It started with compassion or sympathy. They basically have the same meaning, and  both describe pity for someone, usually in a situation that seems hard to deal with.
God's love for us, which includes His compassion, is what caused Jesus to come on this Earth, and give himself for us. Just as an example of what compassion or sympathy is, think about someone you love, and how you feel when they are sick or hurt. You would do anything you could to help them, because you felt their pain, in your heart. So much more the feelings of God for His creation.
Jesus came on this Earth as a man, so that He could experience all the trials and tribulations faced by humans. I am sure He already knew, but he experienced what being tempted by the devil was like. He also saw, the afflictions that the devil put on people. Those afflictions were spiritual as well as physical.
Jesus came and taught people about trusting in God. Because of His great love for people, and the fact that God gave those people to Him, He felt great sympathy for those that were afflicted. He not only preached the kingdom of God, He restored physical health, and cast out demons.
People that were suffering, from evil spirits, physical afflictions caused by satan, or feelings of despair, were healed by Jesus love and compassion. As a matter of fact, everything Jesus did was motivated by love and compassion. He showed us the way. There are many times in our daily lives that we can show love or compassion to someone less fortunate than ourselves.
Galatians 6:2 "bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ" 1 Peter 3:8 finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another, love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous".
Just check out the New Testament, and see countless times when this is true.
God Bless You And Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father, I come to you a sinner, and I ask forgiveness. I truly repent, and believe with all my heart that Jesus died and rose again. I also believe I am washed in His Blood, forgiven of all my sins, and by His Stripes I am healed. With all my heart I accept Jesus as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment