Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pray For People

Greetings My Friends;
All of us at one time or another have talked about prayer, in its various aspects. Today I'd like to talk again, about praying for people, or what is referred to as intercessory prayer.
Many people find it hard to believe, that you can pray for someone long-distance. It doesn't matter who the person is or how far away they are. Jesus healed people that weren't anywhere near Him when He was preaching. It requires the same kind of faith, love and compassion, as if they were standing there in front of you. Remember Jesus healed with love and compassion. Everyone He healed, was healed.
Another part of healing, or praying for people, but especially healing, is laying on of hands. I know several people, including my wife and myself, who have laid hands on people that were total strangers in a store. We saw someone that was on our hearts to pray for. We spoke to the person, and asked them if they wanted us to pray for them. The Holy Spirit, puts the desire in your heart to pray for someone, such as laying on of hands, and he makes that person receptive. I believe when you follow what your heart tells you, it is a done deal. No prayer for someone, said with love and compassion, ever comes back empty.
There is another kind of prayer we practice, that people we know,also do. Sometimes you may be driving down the street, and someone does something either good or bad, and you bless them. If you're walking somewhere, many time you are led in your heart, to say a short prayer, or bless that person or persons you see. Do not believe for one second, that that type of prayer doesn't count, or is useless. Nothing asked of the Lord, with love and compassion, goes unanswered.
So you see, there are many ways to pray for someone else. The Lord hears and answers all prayer. The Lord blessed us, and we need to pass those blessings on to other people. So even if you're shy to begin with, you can still pray for other people. Strangers deserve your prayers too.
God Bless You And Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father, I come to you a sinner, and I ask forgiveness. I truly repent, and believe with all my heart that Jesus died and rose again. I also believe I am washed in His Blood, forgiven of all my sins, and by His Stripes I am healed. With all my heart I accept Jesus as my personal Savior. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment