Monday, February 17, 2014

satans tricks

Greetings My Friends;
Most of us are aware of satan's obvious tricks. I heard a phrase the other day, that pretty well describes what he tries to do to each of us. The phrase was "do not let satan use your mind as a garbage dump." Have you ever looked at it that way? I think one of the reasons he gets away with so much with people, is because most of us don't think of it that way.
Let's take a look at some of his favorite tricks. One goes back to the Garden of Eden. When it comes to the Lord, satan will always try to plant doubts in our minds. By planting doubt, he is trying to confuse us, by questioning whether we understood or not what the Lord is telling us.
Along with doubt, comes the seed of fear. In plain English, fear is actually faith in what satan says. He knows if he did get your mind concentrating on your fear then what he did will eventually show up in your heart. As it is in your heart good or bad, so reality is. Fear and doubt, part two of the most distracted tools that the devil has.
Another trick, is to make something that is bad, look as if it is something good. By that I mean that he will give us rationalizations that are distorted, in order to paint a nice picture. I think we all know, that if we try hard enough, we can put a spin on anything. Newspapers do it all the time.
Another of his tricks, is to try to lay  guilt on you. By doing that, he hopes to drive you to despair, and away from God. He whispers little things in your ear. He is constantly trying to put ideas into your head. The thing to remember about that is, they are his ideas. Reject them.
The big thing you must remember, is that satan, cannot make you do anything. In order for him to work in your life, you must give him permission. Anything he says to you, cannot happen without your consent. You don't have to run around being afraid of satan all the time. Don't get me wrong, he is real, but you have control. The best thing to do, is to ignore him, and the best way to do that, is to talk to the Lord.
The more you get into the Word of God, the more you will recognize the presence of the evil one. One last reminder, when you accept what he says, you own it until you go to the Lord about it.
God Bless You And Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father, I come to you a sinner, and I ask forgiveness. I truly repent, and believe with all my heart that Jesus died and rose again. I also believe I am washed in His blood, forgiven of all my sins, and by His stripes I am healed. With all my heart I accept Jesus as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment