Monday, September 30, 2013

The Holy Spirit In You

Greetings My Friends;
The other day I was reading a book written by John G Lake called your power in the Holy Spirit. The author was a preacher around 100 years ago. A lot of what he wrote, is what we hear today. Some of it really got me started thinking about faith and prayer. It also gave me a new way to look at important things such as the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
I don't know about you, but I was anxious to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. My feeling was that the Holy Spirit was where the power is. Praying in tongues to me was the ultimate prayer. The key to the power. Don't get me wrong, I just wanted to be closer to God, and thought that that was the answer.
The book said that during the time, Paul was teaching, cloths and a few other things touched by Paul were used by believers to heal people. The cloth was placed on the sick person, or just touched the person, and they were healed. The reason these cloths caused people to be healed, is that they were saturated with the spirit of God.
To me that was quite a revelation. He went on to say that when we are baptized in the Holy Spirit, every cell in our body is saturated with the Spirit of God. Talk about a blockbuster statement. This way of looking at the baptism of the Holy Spirit changes the way a person looks at everything.
Think about this for a minute. If every cell is saturated with the Spirit of God, how can any evil thing, such as sickness or doubt survive? It can't. Think of it this way. This is my example. Suppose your cells were soaked in antibiotics, could a germ survive?
We have all heard that the Spirit lives inside of us. We have a tendency to see that blessing with human eyes, and don't usually give it much thought. When you look at it spiritually, you start to realize what we have. For one thing it is written "where two or more are gathered there I will be also" the way I look at it the Holy Spirit and I are in agreement, and are together always. This is a no-brainer.
When you pray for someone, you are a contact point. Just like the cloth in the story of Paul. You are passing Jesus faith and healing power to the other person. The great thing is, Jesus never runs out of faith or power, so you can always be a conduit.
I speak more on this subject at another time, and in the meantime, ask the Holy Spirit to help you see what you have been blessed with.
God Bless You and Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment