Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fruits of The Spirit

Greetings My Friends

If you read Galatians 5 : 22 -23 you will see that it refers to Godly attitudes that are called the fruits of the Spirit. They are all equally important, so as I list them remember that. Love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control.
Love as it is described in the fruits does not mean the same thing as carnal love. Love in this case is a willingness to sacrifice something of yourself to help someone else. Examples of this might be going out of your way to help a coworker, or volunteering in a worthy cause. There are many things you can do. You must remember you are doing it because you want to please God. You will not score any points with Him, but I think you will put a smile on His face.
 Closely associated with love, is kindness and goodness. Goodness is usually thought of as a spiritual condition that allows you to be kind.
 Kindness takes on many forms. You can lend a helping hand to someone. Maybe someone you know needs you to tell their troubles too. Be patient and actually listen. Do not use words that judge or condemn. Try to be helpful and follow the prompts of the Holy Spirit.
Faithfulness refers to loyalty and trustworthiness. Naturally faithfulness to God goes without saying. Trustworthiness refers to someone having confidence in you for whatever situation comes up. Just as we have faith and trust in the Lord, people who deal with us should have faith and trust in us. Obviously not to the degree we have with the Lord.
 An example of faith and trust in the carnal world would be something like buying a car. You sign a contract. You believe that the dealer will stand behind what he is selling, and he believes you will hold up your end. Of course faith and trust go much deeper in many other situations. Another might be marriage. Two people have faith and trust in each other for better or worse. The list of examples goes on and on.
Next time I will briefly describe other fruits of the spirit. They are all ours, free of charge.
God Bless You and Remember
 Jesus Loves You

Prayer of Salvation

Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart the Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment