Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Visualization

Greetings My Friends
I think this message will put a difference slant on things. I am sure you have heard of a few preachers talking about seeing the results even before it happens. I call that visualization, and you can use it in many ways to bolster your faith.

I am going to tell you a story. Get into a comfortable chair in a quiet room, and take a visual trip with me.

It is roughly 2,000 years ago. You are living near Jerusalem. You hear about someone traveling around talking about God. One day you are working at your trade when you see a half a dozen men coming toward you. It seems they are following this ordinary looking man.
This man comes up to you and looks at you with penetrating but loving eyes. Your heart beats faster and you feel a kinship with this man. He looks right into your eyes and says in a matter of fact tone, come follow me. You don't even realize that you do in fact drop everything, and you follow him.
You find out from other men that his name is Jesus. They have been with him for a while, and are very fond of him. Real love hasn't developed in them yet. This Jesus teaches about God every chance he gets. He teaches about love and how we should treat each other. His words make your heart sing. He teaches  and lives by example. Everyday we see him do things like feed thousands of people with a couple of fish and a few loaves of bread. His followers don't seem too impressed by this. As a matter of fact when Jesus was about to do it the second time, it looked like the apostles were taken by surprise.
Jesus healed countless people of their afflictions, including casting out demons. He often spoke of the poor and how people should care for them. He would approach the dregs of humanity with the same love he had for the best of men. He had no favorites.
He sent the disciples out into the world to preach. He told them to take nothing with them, money, extra clothes, food. He said his Heavenly Father would provide for all their needs.
When Jesus told his followers what was going to happen to him, they didn't get it. They had no idea. After Jesus resurrection, they still had a hard time believing he rose again. He had to appear to them a few times before they caught on. He gave them the Holy Spirit and told them that they were authorized to do as much and more of what he did in his name.
 I don't know about you, but I find it very easy to draw a real comparison between then and now The story repeats over and over through the centuries. Remember how you felt when Jesus called you? Everything he said and did is in the Bible. The Bible is the way He teaches us. The apostles lived with him over 3 years. They were witnesses to it all. Through His Word, we are witnesses to it all.
There were times the Apostle had doubts, and I am sure they acted according to the flesh. Jesus however did not condemn them and He does not condemn us. Give Him your best and He will give you His best.

God bless you and remember
 Jesus loves you

Prayer of Salvation


Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, & I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment