Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fruits of the Spirit 2

Greetings My Friends;
Today we will take a look at long-suffering and gentleness. Although they are mentioned separately, there are many similarities. Long-suffering is often defined as patience which refers to the ability to endure injuries inflicted by others, and the acceptance of irritating situations. Gentleness is an attitude that is patient and submissive to offense, with no idea of revenge.
As you can probably figure it out  if it wasn't from the Holy Spirit, it would be impossible to be this way. Almost anyone you know would call this a doormat attitude. The Lord doesn't tell you to be a doormat; he just says do not take offense to what people say about you or what they do. Ask the Holy Spirit for an answer, and he will give you one that lines up with the word of God. Follow the peace in your heart.
Then we come to self-control. Self-control generally refers to doing what is right, and following the word of God. Without self-control, revenge or retaliation would be a regular occurrence. Lack of self-control would allow you to break every commandment there ever was. If you have peace in your heart as well as the Holy Spirit, self-control should not be a problem.
As you can see, if you have self-control, you will not have a problem with long-suffering and gentleness. Jesus knew how hard it is to be human, maybe that is another reason to forgive us along with love.
God gave us the Holy Spirit to teach us, guide us, and help us. He reveals the meaning of God's word to us. Put your trust in the Lord and relax.
God bless you and remember:
 Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment