Monday, September 23, 2013

Jesus Incredible Love

Greetings My Friends

I was reading my Bible and got to the part where Jesus suffered in the garden right before his crucifixion. Much has been made of this especially by unbelievers. Even some Christians doubt, claiming He was God and didn't feel anything. Some say He was very scared, and couldn't handle it. All kinds of stories. Well I have my version too, and it is quite different.

Since I was not there, I can only speculate like everyone else. Some say he did not sweat blood. Well my friends there is a condition known as Hematidrosis. It is usually caused by extreme anguish, or physical strain. Subcutaneous capillaries dilate and burst, mingling blood with sweat. Sweating blood seems reasonable to me.

Reade chapter 17 of John. If ever anything was written that shows more love, I would sure like to know what it is. This chapter is so beautiful it brings tears to your eyes. At the most stressful part of His life, so close to what he was going to suffer, he thought only of his disciples and all believers. In His prayer to His Father you can see without doubt how He loves the Father, and all who believe in Him.

The next thing I believe is this. All through His ministry on earth, He encountered unbelief and mans inhumanity to man. Even His apostles didn't seem to believe or understand as much as you would expect. They lived with Him over 3 years and He taught them all that time. They saw his miracles; they healed people in His name, and still didn't completely believe. Before we judge them too harshly, we should look at ourselves. We have His words, and see creation. Do we believe more than they?

Next I think His anguish was at least partly because He thought maybe He should stay longer. I think that is what prompted Him to speak to the Father the way He did.

Hell was created for Satan and the fallen angels. When sin came along man was doomed. To God, sin is sin whether man or Satan. God loves man, so He decided to send a son as a savior. If anyone accepts this gift from God, and acknowledges Jesus with their mouth, their penalty would be paid by Jesus.

When you put all of this together, it would not be a stretch to think that Jesus felt He should stay longer. He had to trust men until His second coming. He didn't want to lose a single person. Yes Jesus is the Son of God, but for that brief moment in time, He was also man. Subject to what all men deal with. As I said, I was not there, and I pray I did not offend the Lord with my opinion.

God Bless You and Remember
Jesus Loves You

Prayer of Salvation


Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment